Thursday 7 February 2013

Fit Pregnancy


When I found out I was pregnant, I decided that I wanted to be ‘fit’ during pregnancy and I envisioned myself doing workouts and eating healthy. I kept reading Fit Pregnancy articles and I imagined myself as a Fit Pregnancy model, with toned biceps wearing stretchy pants to show off my lean figure and perfectly shaped baby bump.  It was my way of making it through the nine months with a goal or something to focus on.

Fit Pregnancy turned out to be a joke.  There is no such thing as Fit Pregnancy.  All I wanted to do was lie on the couch in sweat pants all day.  I was breaking out in weird rashes, nauseous and tired.  I gained 10lbs in 3 months.  Every morning I was shoving as much toast and crackers down as I could, so I wouldn't throw up at work.

I forced myself to swim, but my 2000 meter swim workouts were reduced to 800 meters if I was lucky.  I was out of breath after 10 minutes and then I wanted to sleep.  Then I started getting embarrassed at my big belly and I didn’t want to go to Lane Swim anymore because I looked like a whale, so I started going to Family Swim so I could swim with the mom's n' tots instead of the lean professional athletes.  So instead of my usually 2000 meter lane workout, I was floating around with kids and seniors citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment